NewsBack to News
Stephen Knight is standing for re-election to the Criminal Bar Association’s committee
30 Nov 2017
Member of our crime group, Stephen Knight, is standing for re-election to the Criminal Bar Association’s committee. Over the last 3 years Stephen has campaigned consistently in favour of the profession taking direct action to prevent any cuts to our working conditions and remuneration.
Stephen is standing on the following platform:
- No AGFS cuts. Instead, withdraw our labour unless the new scheme increases fees across the board.
- No extended operating hours. Refuse to co-operate with the scheme.
- Wellbeing. An understanding that our members are at breaking point
- Social mobility. A profession open to people of all backgrounds, including through decent pay for the most junior.
- A democratic association. Open consultation with members and meaningful democracy.
Stephen’s manifesto is available in full at https://t.co/yfrPkHxqEW.Back to News