NewsBack to News
Covid-19 Update from One Pump Court Chambers
2 Apr 2020
One Pump Court remains open for business.
Our members are accepting work as normal, subject to the current government and Bar Council guidance and are available for remote hearings and conferences, drafting and advising. If your work is urgent, please let our clerks know in the usual way.
You will see some changes in how we are operating in response current guidance. We are constantly keeping this under review to ensure we provide an efficient and robust service for our clients in the current climate whilst also protecting the safety and well-being of our staff, members, instructing solicitors and lay clients, which is also paramount.
We are presently operating as follows:
1. All members and staff are now working from home. Where possible please refrain from visiting or sending documents to our offices without first speaking to a member of staff. Where possible can all correspondence and documents be sent electronically. Clerks will be in touch to re-schedule conferences or arrange them remotely.
2. All members and staff have access to emails and the chambers diary system.
3. Staff remain contactable during our working hours of 9:00am to 6:00pm.
4. A phone line will still be in operation, but we ask that you are patient and where possible to use email as set out on our staff details page.
5. Our emergency out of hours procedure is also unchanged.
Where possible any payment of fees owed to our Members should be made via bank transfer. Please quote the Chambers reference number and use the account details on the fee notes received or contact our fees clerks on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need any further assistance, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Most importantly, please keep safe.Back to News